The Geneva Park District will host an open house on Saturday, Jan. 14, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at both of its BestLife Fitness Centers, located at Sunset Community Center (710 Western Ave.) and Stephen D. Persinger Recreation Center (3507 Kaneville Road).
The public is invited to explore the fitness centers, meet staff, and enjoy a free workout and refreshments. Membership discounts will also be offered on this day, as well as specials on member referrals.
“Our hope is that this opportunity gives our community a sneak peek at the variety of health and wellness options available at BestLife Fitness,” said Superintendent of Recreation Elliott Bortner. “This open house offers the unique chance to check out both locations and choose one that works best for your lifestyle.”
While both BestLife Fitness Centers provide the same excellent service, motivational staff, modern fitness equipment, and spacious locker rooms, Bortner adds, visitors are encouraged to learn about unique features of each fitness center, in order to best take advantage of the day’s offerings.
Features of BestLife Fitness at Sunset Community Center include:
• Functional Fitness Studio – TRX Equipment, Plyo Boxes, Slam Balls, Ropes, Kettlebells and more
• Saunas in the locker rooms
• Racquetball Court
• Features of BestLife Fitness at Stephen D. Persinger Recreation Center include:
• Indoor walking/running track
• Steam rooms in the locker rooms
Open house participants can also engage with BestLife Fitness staff and event sponsors, who will be offering consultations, prizes, and refreshments. Event sponsors include:
• Judge Family Chiropractic (SPRC)
• Mill Race Cyclery (Sunset)
• New Balance Geneva (SPRC and Sunset)
“We look forward to welcoming prospective fitness members on Saturday,” Bortner said.
A variety of memberships are available:
• Adult membership is for ages 18-59 years.
• Youth membership is for ages 14-17 years.
• Senior membership is for ages 60 years and older.
• Couple membership is for any two individuals who reside in the same household. One member must be 18 years or older. Proof of residency is required for each individual.
• Family membership is for parents and their own children ages 8-23 years, who are full-time students. No other individuals may be included on a family membership. Proof of student status must be provided upon request.
• Corporate membership options are also available.
For information about the membership discounts offered on Jan. 14, visit conta.cc/3CBuy4k
More information about BestLife Fitness is available at www.genevaparks.org/bestlife-fitness/.
For questions, please call (630) 232-4542.
Established in 1953, the Geneva Park District has over 35,000 program participants and offers over 3,500 programs that include preschool, a before & after school program, arts and crafts, trips, special events, athletics, dance, martial arts, cultural arts, gymnastics, tumbling, camps, toddler, youth, and adult programs.
Over the span of more than 50 years we have made great strides in meeting the needs of a growing community. The park district has developed bike/pedestrian trails, playgrounds and parks, athletic fields, outdoor aquatic centers and water spraygrounds, a community center, a recreation center, two fitness centers, a community theater, a skate park, and a mini-golf course and a disc golf course, as well as acquired many acres of open space.
For more information, please visit www.genevaparks.org or call (630) 232-4542.