Texas A&M spring football officially kicked off with the Aggies’ first practice today and will culminate with the much anticipated Maroon and White spring game on April 15. Over the course of the next few weeks, the team’s program will consist of 15 mandated practices with a handful of scrimmages and the Aggies Pro Day (March 28) sandwiched in between.
To say there’s much anticipation surrounding the spring program would be an understatement, as A&M looks to put together a convincing bounce-back season following their 5-7 (2-6 SEC) regular season campaign in 2022.
The Maroon and White put together a promising display down the stretch of last season, highlighted by true freshman Conner Weigman logging five starts and flashing the potential to be the future of the program. The addition of Bobby Petrino to helm the offense is just one of many questions lingering ahead of spring football.
Still, there is plenty of room for optimism in College Station as the Aggies return 19 of the 22 players who started in the 38-23 season finale victory against LSU. A&M’s depth chart should also be bolstered by some of the younger players that were part of the 2022 recruiting class that was ranked as the best in the country.
Check out the full spring schedule breakdown below:
- Monday, March 20: Practice 1
- Wednesday, March 22: Practice 2
- Thursday, March 23: Practice 3
- Saturday, March 25: Practice 4
- Monday, March 27: Practice 5
- Tuesday, March 28: Pro Day
- Wednesday, March 29: Practice 6
- Thursday, March 30: Practice 7
- Saturday, April 1: Practice 8
- Monday, April 3: Practice 9
- Wednesday, April 5: Practice 10
- Thursday, April 6: Practice 11
- Monday, April 10: Practice 12
- Wednesday, April 12: Practice 13
- Thursday, April 13: Practice 14
- Saturday, April 15: Practice 15 and Maroon & White Game
Contact/Follow us @AggiesWire on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Texas A&M news, notes, and opinions. Follow Pete on Twitter: @PeteThreee