Barbara Nicklaus Cup
Dates: October 3-4, 2022
Course: Muirfield Village Golf Club
Par/Yardage: Par 72 – 6,362 Yards
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: 36 holes Monday, 18 holes Tuesday – Tee times begin at 8:00 a.m. each day
Teams: Ohio State, Colorado, Furman, Maryland, Notre Dame, TCU, Tulsa, Wisconsin
COLUMBUS, Ohio— The Buckeyes host the 2022 Barbara Nicklaus Cup at the famed Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio Oct. 3-4.
- The Buckeyes’ lineup for the tournament will be Aneka Seumanutafa, Caley McGinty, Jillian Bourdage, Kary Hollenbaugh and Lauren Peter. McGinty will carry the Folds of Honor bag.
- Ohio State was ranked 11th in the most recent Mizuno WGCA Coaches Poll.
- The Buckeyes most recently competed at the Mason Rudolph Sept. 23-25. The team placed eighth overall. Seumanutafa led OSU, finishing tied for 18th place with a three-round score of 215 (-1).
- Seumanutafa has shot par or under in five of six rounds so far this season. She is now first in program history in career par-or-better rounds with 49. Seumanutafa eagled the fifth hole in the second round of the Mason Rudolph and is now tied for fourth in OSU women’s golf program history with eight career eagles.
- Seumanutafa leads the team with a 71.50 scoring average. McGinty is averaging 71.67, Peter is averaging a 73.17, Hollenbaugh is averaging 73.33 and Bourdage has a scoring average of 73.83.
- Ohio State opened the fall season with a first-place finish at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational. The Buckeyes shot the fourth-lowest 54-hole score in program history, finishing the tournament with a team score of 853 (-11).
- Peter earned the best finish of her career, tying for fourth place. She shot 213 (-3) over three rounds and tied her career-low of 70 (-2) in the second round.
- Ohio State is participating in the Folds of Honor Military Tribute Program for the second season. Folds of Honor honors military heroes lost or wounded in action. This season, the Buckeyes will honor Army Maj. Michael J. Donahue. Each week, a member of the OSU team will carry a bag bearing his name that will be auctioned off at the end of the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program.
- The Buckeyes play their final event of the fall season Oct. 23-24 at the Jim West Challenge at Kissing Tree Golf Course in San Marcos, Texas.